Thursday, October 9, 2008

GET FIT , LOSE FAT for summer Campaign




Yes, its that time again. Just like pengiuns march their way to where every it is they go, like whales migrating up the coast of Australia, it's my annual campaign to get fit and lose weight. Gotta love Spring!!


This is the OLD me, enjoying a sangria last week in Barcelona







I kicked started my get fit, lose fat for summer campaign, with a trip to Europe - which i can highly recommend. It helps you put your life in perspective and come up with wild and out-there plans for the future... they say gold fish can't see the water they are swimming in, or mums can't see the turmoil they're living in, or something like that...




So after coming back from Overseas with the sleep tank tettering on over flowing (prior to the 40 hour flight that is) i re-entered reality with grand plans - jogging, losing weight, starting tennis, continueing waterpolo and learning a language all an equal first priority on the personal front. with equally optimistic items topping the "I'm going to be a better mum" I'm going to be the most famous author" and " i'm going to build extensions" catergories that compose the fun , albeit a little chaotic life that i lead (that is after i decided to simplify my life too).




So a few days into my return i have stopped drinking alcohol (I actually poured 1/2 bottle of red down the sink tonight - it helped that it had turned to vinegar in my abscence), i have attempted 2 embarrassing staggers around the local lake which will hopefully morph into resembling a jog before too long, my shoulders are playing up so i have an excuse in the short term for waterpolo and tennis, and i have put on 2.5kg despite only eating salads and protein. :(








So i will see when i actually start learning German, when i will finish all my grandiose work plans and fortunately the builder can't come around for a quote for 2 weeks.




on the "I'm going to be a better mum" well i've decided that's like trying to fill a bottomless pit. just keep throwing dirt in as you feel you can. it will never be complete. the kids have been great, the sun is shining (a little early - come on Anna Bligh - get us onto day light savings) and they are all asleep - a major coup for 8pm at night....zzzz

No comments: