Monday, February 2, 2009

Summer sport nearly over


Bridgets, where did Christmas go? Can I have it all again please - I mean seriously - where have the last 6 weeks gone.


I have a theory about time (I have found out that some other dudes, Eckhart Tolle and Paul Wilson also came to the same conclussions as yours truely, Bridget). My theory is that Time is not a reality. It's not substance, you can't catch it, you can't see it, you can't smell, hear or even feel it. It is ellusive, independent and totally unbothered by anything.


I believe that if we as a global mass keep wishing time to hurry up (because we have something we are so excited about lying in the future that we wish time to travel quick), then I believe it obliges. I really think people can influence the speed at which time passes. At the risk of sounding like a total loop head, I believe that we can also slow down time.


A positive, enjoyable experience usually results in time passing quickly (or is it our perception) and a dull, monotonous experience travels slowly.


In bringing this back to some "real" experiences. I would have to agree with the masses that kids don't stay little for long. Their first 5 years really goes quick. Christmas time goes quick, balls go quick and holidays go quick.


Things that take forever to pass are paying off Visas and debts, The US election (but what a fantastic outcome), pregnancy and finding Mr Right (that was a joke).


This photo is of my oldest baby. Good grief - she wore my shoes out the other day!


Have fun bridgets and remember not to stress about time. Enjoy the moment, the mood and the event for what it is, fun or otherwise. Adios Bridget

No comments: