Saturday, January 3, 2009

Middle Child syndrome

Bridget - middle- children...
do you love life or do you really feel a bit lost?
i don't know a lot about middle children , but by some very strange co-incidence, pretty much ALL of my closest and best friends (some 30+ people) are ALL 2nd or 3rd or otherwise. Only 2 jump to mind that are first (and one is an only child).


i have heard so many people say to me".. well I am a middle child you know?.." which just leaves me confused because I'm not sure exactly what that would be like.

Middle-bridgets of the world, are you anything like my middle child, whom regularly expresses her frustrations, and at times anger, when she will tries to be bossy, or assertive, or rebellious like her big sister and is roused on. Then she tries the reverse and tries to be cute and goes, "ga-ga" like a baby and I tell her to grow up. Is that the kinda of gist? No real role model and just total confusion? Or is it a sly why to make it home base without too much spot light?

My middle one told me tonight (we were talking about No.twos and needing a nappy, as her brother still does) and she said "..mummy..sometimes I push so hard it brings tears to my eyes!"... She is so cute (obviously I did the opportunistic parenting thing and did a quick head-to-toe health check and told her to drink more water)... and then started to laugh. Poor little confused one - she is so cute!

So I think she has depicted aptly the delimmas of a middle child...NEither leader nor follower - plain undecided!

Adios x , bridget

No comments: