Monday, January 12, 2009

Overcoming Fear of Failure

Bridgets, wow - this topic has been one of my little demons that i am working through. And I think I am coming out the other side thanks to Don Power (author of byebyedemons) and my business coach, Anton.

I don't know if you can relate to some of this and for me, I think it is more fear of success rather than failure. Either way, I think the self-sabotaging takes over. As part of my "homework" with Anton I had to google "Fear of Failure" and this is what I have learned (great site; www.goal-setting-guide.com) ...

Fear of failure is one of the greatest fears and is similar to criticism and rejection. People who are "successful" overcome these fears. Aparently the LAW of FEEDBACK states there is no failure, there is only feedback (I like this one). One needs to view mistakes as merely a result and learn and refine and move on.
I guess most of us know that we don't achieve a pinch of what we are capable of because we are scared of failure. But the only way to be successful is to cope these knocks. So bring 'em on!!! they are after all only feedback.
I have a sticker on my fridge that says "what would you do if you knew you could not fail". It's provocative, dynamic and keeps momentum moving forward.

There is a lot more but I will continue tonight or tomorrow.

That's enough to digest for one Tuesday avo.

By the way, bridgets, I have had wine for 4 days !!!! OMG! and i haven;t had chocolate for a week or more. I was inspired by two patients on Friday who are detoxing this week. Go girls and if anyone is thinking of detoxing drop me an email. It's so much easier in a "team".

Here's to lots of feedback, critisicm and successes!! Bridget

No comments: